My Twitter Updates

Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday



We had our first GTS (Group Training Session) with the TEAM this Sunday. I stayed out way too late on Sat. night, and totally struggled to make the 7am meeting time, but it was so worth it. Thirteen of us showed up, plus Tammy and Kathy, and we ran 3.37 miles together down Millege, on Prince, around the hospital and back to Millege. It was the first time I've ever run in chilly temps, but it wasn't that bad. Kathy, one of our mentors, gave me some great advice on how to layer properly, and it worked out great. Cold before, perfect during the run, then hot leading into the cooldown afterward.

It was also the first time I've ever run with anyone, except in a race which really doesn't count. I really liked the flow of everything; I'm definitely going to do as much group training as possible.
I know my competitive nature is going to help push me further and faster than I've been doing on my own. Let's go TEAM!!

The other really cool thing that happened was that I met up with some quote unquote real runners. One of my neighbors, Greg, is extremely fast. I caught up with them near the end of our run, and then ran into his group at Jittery Joe's afterward. He, Lisa, and the rest of the "real runners" were very gracious to me, and I really felt like a runner.

No comments: