My Twitter Updates

Monday, November 05, 2007

Run, Forest, Run






On Sunday, I completed a 10K trail run outside of Watkinsville, GA. It was EXTREME - people falling in the water, gashing their hands on trees, tripping and falling uphill and downhill. I finished in 1:05:51 - which was a little faster than my 10K in March in Charleston. So, I feel pretty good about that, because this thing was re-donk-ulously hard. Thanks to the drought, I made it over all the water crossings and stayed dry. I stumbled over a couple of rocks and roots, but never went down.

I've attached a post race picture. It was so cool wearing the Team in Training jersey; I had several people come up and ask me about it. It really felt like I was a part of something. I can't wait to start the group runs, and really try to improve my speed and stamina.

My next big challenge is doing the Double Pump over the Savannah river on Dec 1. I'll do the 5K, then turn around and do the 10K - three times total over the bridge.

P.S. - Yes, I know I am a huge squinter... Note to self: Buy super cool running sunglasses.

No comments: