My Twitter Updates

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Up at 2:10 AM

Some people who know me really well probably think this is obvious... but I have ADHD like crazy. I've been off and on with the prescription droogs for it over the past few years. I've also tried omega 3's, meditating, B-vitamins, not sweating it so much, etc... One of my best friends works for a pharma company, and got me to try Strattera. Which rocks at helping. A powerful neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitor has side effects though. Some are awesome, like appetite suppression. And it has some side effects which I'm not too groovy on, like, oh, I don't know, INSOMNIA.

The bad thing is that I love the rush of having ADHD. It feels like I'm brainstorming all the time. Creativity is as the max. When I run or drive I have the best ideas about all kinds of things I want to get done or tell people about...

But then I don't get anything accomplished. Brainstorming sessions need to be edited. Some of the wonderful ideas aren't. They need to be lined through on the big easel notepad that's in the front of the meeting room OF MY MIND. Also, social and work interactions can suffer a bit. Being a manic street preacher who dominates every conversation he's in does have some downsides.

I've never experienced trouble sleeping. Only when I'm super stressed about a specific issue, usually something I've procrastinated about and need to take a distastefully confrontational action on, have I had trouble. Usually it's head on the pillow and lights out in 30 sec. Not so tonight. I finally got around / didn't get distracted by something and got my Strattera refilled today. I wanted to go ahead and get some in my bloodstream, so I took one early evening with dinner. Bingo!! Insomnia tonight. And I know Will is going to come into my bedroom around 5am, like he usually does, and hop into my, admitted very cozy, bed to "sleep wit you, Daddy" So, I've been doing the look at the clock and calculate how much sleep I'm going to get tonight math. OK. If I fall asleep RIGHT NOW, I'll get 5 hours. If I fall asleep RIGHT NOW, I'll get 4 hours and 57 minutes. If I fall asleep RIGHT NOW, I'll get 3 hours and 34 minutes.

I don't like calling people at 1:34am or texting them, because even if they are up... Cell phone buzzing at this time of the night means booty call and/or EMERGENCY. Neither of which applies. Not that the former would be so bad, but anyway.... So, I thought I'd try a little blogging. And then a little corn flake, high glycemic index, carb coma treatment.

Good Night. Sleep Tight. Don't take a pseudo Class II stimulant a few hours before bed.

Listening to - Nothing... I don't want to wake them kidz.
Mood - Apathetic
Currently reading - Something Boring

No comments: