My Twitter Updates

Friday, March 07, 2008

Run Like The Wind To Be Free Again

One Garmin 305 Forerunner GPS - $199.00
One Ipod Nano - $99.00
One Really Fancy Water Bottle - $9.99

GPS - dead battery
Nano - dead battery
Ultimate Direction Water Bottle - dirty

Finding out that maybe I don't need all this stuff - Priceless

I just left the house yesterday and ran. I had a destination in mind, but that was it. No music (AHHHH!!!) No way to track my pace. Just my shoes, and a deer park water bottle. (and shorts and a t-shirt, come on) I ended up running 6.4 miles (measured with the car later) in around an hour. And it felt great. Now I did take a break and talk to a certain pretty neighbor of mine, but, Hey, that's what it's all about, right?

I'm doing a 16 mile run tomorrow morning, so expect an update after that. I feel great right now, but we'll see how it goes.

I've got a little under two months until the marathon, and the one thing that is scaring me is my fundraising, so if you want to contribute to the cause I would really appreciate it.

Go to http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tntgaAPayne to find out more, and give, give like the wind...

No comments: