My Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Time Keeps On Slippin'

It's that time of day, when you can say, "Head for the Pinot Noir." Mondavi, Robert Mondavi.

Well, it's official. The separation is upon us. After living together for almost three months after deciding to get a divorce, L has decided to go ahead and move out. Her house will be finished in about two more months, but she wants to go ahead and start dating. She is moving this weekend into a studio apt. until her house is finished.

All together now kids, say it with me, "Damn, that's fast!"


I keed, I keed... It's OK if we are in different places emotionally right now. That's the way most relationships end. I'm still more than a little hung up on her, and she is moving on. My way of coping is to talk to everyone about how I'm feeling. Her way is to keep moving forward. And I truly do want her to be happy. If we are both happy, successful people, Henry and Will will have the best chance to be happy, successful people. It's all about the kids, folks.

We are going to do 4 day on, 4 day off joint custody. So, at least I won't be emotionally cut off from my boys. Being a major influence in their lives is something I will not give up. I just signed our temporary custody agreement; L should be signing it tomrrow. And, honestly, a break every 4 days is going to be nice. I am planning on doing some of the things, I didn't allow myself to do while L and I were together: play golf, go out to see music more often, chase women, etc.

This certainly is not where I pictured myself after having two children and almost 10 years of marriage behind me, but I am optimistic about my future. Once I get through these immediate hard times, I am focusing on things being better. I have Henry and Will, my house, a great job; I just have to let my heart mend and get on with things.

Listening to: Death Cab for Cutie - Plans (the song "Someday You Will Be Loved" makes me very happy, currently)

No comments: